Students at Roskilde University
Students from the international programmes International Development Studies, EU-studies and Global Studies, and students from the Danish programmes Politik og Administration and Forvaltning, will be admitted directly. Other students must apply for pre-approval from their respective study boards.
Students from other universities in Denmark and international students
If you are a student at another university you have to fill out this application form. Along with the application form the following documentation is required:
- Official transcript of records from your home university. The documents must be certified copies of the original documents.
- Certificate of an English test with a satisfactory result sent directly from the test centre. The test cannot be more than 2 years old.
- If you are able to transfer the credits for the course at Roskilde
Guide to the application form:
- In section 10 please write 'Department of Social Sciences and Business'.
- In section 11 please write the name of the specific course.
- Please remember to attach transcripts of records and the pre-approval from your home university if you are able to transfer the credits for the course at Roskilde University to your home university.
Fees and accommodation
For international students (EU/EEA) €420. Students enrolled at a Danish university do not have to pay fees, but need to provide a forhåndsgodkendelse/pre-approval from their university.
Note: The course is offered both as 7,5 ECTS and as 10 ECTS (The price for 10 ETCS is € 560)
Accommodation is available on campus, prices and further details are available upon request.
Application deadline is
April 1st 2017
"Attending the summer school at Roskilde was a wonderful and intellectually very engaging experience. I loved the explicitly critical orientation of the whole course, well contextualized in today's world. The speakers and the team were amazing, really accessible and the fact that the group was quite small gave us a chance for discussing matters in depth. I really liked the informal atmosphere and emphasis on discussion. I would recommend this summer school to anyone looking for heterodox and critical approaches to political economy and wanting to combine it with great debates, enthusiastic lecturers and good company!"
"This summer school was an amazing opportunity to engage with non-mainstream approaches to political economy and to exchange opinions on a wide range of topics with other motivated students and scholars. The choice of guest lecturers was particularly well-suited to the content of the course and the interactive structure of classes made them intellectually very stimulating. I would recommend this summer school to any student who wants to broaden his or her views on both the epistemology and the ontology of political economy"
"Before attending "Repolitisicing Capitalism", I had always been avoiding GPE because it was so complicated. However, this course took me by the hand and tought me everything I needed to understand, in order for me to challenge the current ideas in the field. With inspiring lecturers and committed students, this course was, by far, one of the best courses I have attended at Roskilde University"