Step 3: Application and required documents
You apply online via optagelse.dk, which is available from February 1 each year.
It is a joint application system where you can apply for admission to Roskilde University and to the other higher education institutions in Denmark. You should therefore consult the guidelines at optagelse.dk for a detailed description of the application procedure.
Select bachelor’s programme
International Bachelor in Natural Sciences
- Admission Area Number: 16015
- Title in English: International Bachelor in Natural Sciences
Bachelor in Global Humanities
- Admission Area number: 16025
- Title in English: Bachelor in Global Humanities
International Bachelor in Social Sciences
- Admission Area Number: 16035
- Title in English: International Bachelor in Social Sciences
Upload required documentation
You must upload a scanned copy of all required documentation to your online application at optagelse.dk.
You must upload the below mentioned documents. Please note that not all documents are required for all applicants.
Which documents do I need?
Point 1-4 is required for all (with very few exceptions)
Point 5-6 is required for all non-EU/EEA citizens
Point 7-9 is only if applicable – make sure to check if they are applicable for you
- Upper secondary school certificate: You must upload a scanned copy of your original diploma, transcript of grades and, if applicable, exam results from your completed upper secondary education.
- Official English or Danish translation: If any of your uploaded documents are not in English, Danish, Swedish or Norwegian, you must upload an official English or Danish translation in addition the originals.
- Verification form: You must submit a filled-in verification form to document your qualifications in those subjects that are specific admission requirements.
(Applicants with an IB or Nordic upper secondary education do not need to submit a verification form).
- Citizenship: Copy of the identification page of your passport. If you have dual nationality, then you must upload a copy of both passports.
- Danish residence permit (only non-EU/EEA citizens): You must upload a copy of both sides of your residence card, if you hold a residence permit to Denmark. In addition, a copy of the decision letter concerning your residence permit.
- Receipt for payment of application fee (only non-EU/EEA citizens): As a non-EU/EEA citizen, you must pay the application fee of 165 EUR in order to have your application processed. Although, some exemptions apply. For more information, please go to Step 5: Application fee and tuition fees.
- Supplementary courses (if applicable): You must upload final certificates or documentation of enrolment in any supplementary course(s). You must also state all supplementary courses in your online application form.
- Other educational documents (if applicable): You must upload documentation of courses passed at e.g. university level or other relevant courses/education. You must also state the educational activities in your online application form.
- Mandatory credit transfer application (if applicable): You are required to apply for a mandatory credit transfer, if you have passed part of a bachelor’s programme. If you already have obtained a bachelor’s degree, you can apply for a credit transfer, but it is not a requirement. Please read the information on how to apply for a mandatory credit transfer.
When must I submit the documentation?
You must upload:
- All required documents: March 15, 12 noon (CET)
You must upload the documents to your online application at www.optagelse.dk.
You may not have completed your entry qualification and/or supplementary course(s) by the application deadline. If that is the case, you must comply with the below-mentioned deadlines.
- Entry qualification: July 5
- Passed supplementary course(s): July 5 (non-EU/EEA citizen that require a residence permit to study) OR August 31 (all other applicants). Please make sure to specify in your online application which supplementary course(s) you are taking.
- All other required documents: March 15, 12 noon (CET)
You must upload the documents to your online application at www.optagelse.dk. However, if you have until August 31 to document your supplementary course, you should upload the documents to postbox.ruc.dk.
Approve your application
You must approve your application within the application deadline of March 15, 12 noon (CET). Please follow the relevant guideline below.
If you live in Denmark and have a Danish CPR number, then you must approve your application by using NemID.
Your application is received in time, if you approve your application by using NemID before the application deadline. Roskilde University does not receive the application before it is approved.
If you live outside of Denmark (and do not have a Danish CPR number and NemID), then you will need to approve your application by sending a signed signature page.
Your application is received in time, if the signature page reaches Roskilde University within the application deadline.
You need to:
- approve your application choices at optagelse.dk
- print a signature page and sign it
- send the signature page to Roskilde University
Please send the signature page by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular post to:
Universitetsvej 1, P. O. Box 260
Have you already completed a master’s degree?
If you already have a master’s degree, you can only be accepted to a new bachelor’s programme, if there are vacant study places. We expect to have vacant study places at the International Bachelor in Natural Sciences. We do not expect to have vacant study places at the Bachelor in Global Humanities or the International Bachelor in Social Sciences.
This rule applies to all applicants who either have a Danish master’s degree or a foreign master’s degree assessed to be comparable in level to a Danish master's degree.
Find general comparisons between the Danish education system and the education system for specific countries on the Ministry of Higher Education and Science’s website.
You can only apply for an exemption from this rule, if you are able to document that you are prevented from using your master’s degree in the labour market.
You must upload an exemption application at Optagelse.dk by the application deadline of March 15, 12 noon (CET).
Roskilde University will assess if you can be granted an exemption when processing your application for admission.