You must fulfil the following admission requirements:
1) A bachelor's degree equivalent to a Danish bachelor's degree.
Find general comparisons between the Danish education system and the education system for specific countries on the Ministry of Higher Education and Science’s website.
2) Specific admission requirements related to the relevant master’s programme.
You must have completed a bachelor’s degree relevant for the specific master’s programme. The Admissions Office will assess if the academic content of your educational background gives you the necessary qualifications required for admission to a specific master’s programme. This is based on an individual, academic assessment.
If you lack essential qualifications that amount to no more than 30 ECTS points in order to fulfil the specific admission requirements, you may be offered admission on the condition that you complete prerequisite studies first.
NOTE: prerequisite studies are only available to the following types of applicants:
- EU/EEA citizens
- applicants with a permanent residence permit in Denmark
- applicants with a temporary residence permit with a view to permanent residence in Denmark
You will be assessed based on:
- A degree equivalent to a Danish bachelor's degree
- Study elements equivalent to Danish bachelor’s level taken before completing your bachelor's degree - e.g. additional courses where you obtain ECTS/credits taken concurrently with your bachelor's degree or study elements passed at another bachelor's degree that you have not completed. However, we will only include a maximum of 30 ECTS from these studies.
You will not be assessed based on:
- Work experience
- Motivated application
- Courses you have taken after completion of your bachelor's degree
- Courses equivalent to studies at Danish master's level
3) English language requirement
Applicants for the master’s programme taught in English or in Danish must fulfil the English language requirements. We accept the following documents:
- IELTS (Academic): 6.5 or
- TOEFL: paper-based: 560 / internet-based: 83.The university's TOEFL code is B384 or
- Cambridge C1 Advanced, formerly known as Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) or
- Cambridge C2 Proficiency, formerly known as Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE)
The IELTS or TOEFL test cannot be more than 2 years old.
Please be advised that Roskilde University does not accept MyBest Scores.
Applicants with official documentation of a complete high school qualification and/or a complete bachelor’s degree taught in English from the following countries: Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, Singapore, UK or USA.
4) Danish language requirement
Applicants for the master’s programmes taught in Danish must also fulfil the Danish language requirement. It can be documented as follows:
- A course in Danish at Danish A-level
- The Danish proficiency test "Studieprøven". Courses for this test are offered at Studieskolen.