You must fulfil the following admission requirements:
1) A bachelor's degree equivalent to a Danish bachelor's degree.
Find general comparisons between the Danish education system and the education system for specific countries on the Ministry of Higher Education and Science’s website.
2) Specific admission requirements related to the relevant master’s programme.
You must have completed a bachelor’s degree relevant for the specific master’s programme. The Admissions Office will assess if the academic content of your educational background gives you the necessary qualifications required for admission to a specific master’s programme. It is based on an individual assessment.
If you lack essential qualifications that amount to no more than 30 ECTS points in order to fulfil the specific admission requirements, you may be offered admission on the condition that you complete prerequisite studies first. If you are a non-EU/EEA citizen that needs a residence permit based on studies, you cannot be admitted with the condition that you complete prerequisite studies.
The Admissions Office will make this assessment once they receive the application.
You will be assessed based on:
- A degree equivalent to a Danish bachelor's degree
- Study elements equivalent to Danish bachelor’s level taken before completing your bachelor's degree - e.g. additional courses where you obtain ECTS/credits taken concurrently with your bachelor's degree or study elements passed at another bachelor's degree that you have not completed. However, we will only include a maximum of 30 ECTS from these studies.
You will not be assessed based on:
- Work experience
- Motivated application
- Courses you have taken after completion of your bachelor's degree
- Courses equivalent to studies at Danish master's level
3) English language requirement
Applicants for the master’s programme taught in English or in Danish must fulfil the English language requirements. They can be documented as follows:
- IELTS (Academic): 6.5 or
- TOEFL: paper-based: 550 (560 from September 2018 entry) / internet-based: 80 (83 from the September 2018 entry) .The university's TOEFL code is B384 or
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): passed or
- Certificate of Advanced English (CAE): B2
The IELTS or TOEFL test cannot be more than 2 years old.
Applicants with official documentation of a complete high school qualification and/or a complete bachelor’s degree taught in English from: Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, Singapore, United Kingdom or USA.
4) Danish language requirement
Applicants for the master’s programmes taught in Danish must also fulfil the Danish language requirement. It can be documented as follows:
- A course in Danish at Danish A-level
- The Danish proficiency test "Studieprøven". Courses for this test are offered at Studieskolen.