For guest students enrolled at another university in Denmark
If you are a student enrolled at another university in Denmark, please follow the instructions here, as the deadlines and application procedures differ.
For guest students not enrolled at another university in Denmark
You apply through the digital application system DANS with the required documentation. The link to DANS below will be activated one month before the application deadline.
- May 15 for enrolling in September (autumn semester)
- November 15 for enrolling in February (spring semester)
Decisions regarding applications are sent continuously and no later than 2 weeks after the deadline.
Conditions for Non-EU/EEA Citizens That Require a Residence Permit Based on Studies
If you are a non-EU/EEA citizen that require a residence permit based on studies, certain conditions apply in order to be able to obtain a residence permit as a guest student. You must:
- already be enrolled in a higher education programme in your home country or another country in which you have permanent residence. The studies at Roskilde University must therefore be completed as part of this education
- have a study plan at Roskilde University that consists of 30 ECTS per semester
Required Documentation and Enclosures
- Official transcript of records from your home university. The documents must be certified copies of the original documents.
- Certificate of an English test with a satisfactory result sent directly from the test centre. The test cannot be more than 2 years old.
Applications without proper documentation will not be considered. If the documents are not in English, Norwegian or Swedish, you must include a certified translation. Otherwise the documents will not be accepted.
Be aware of the requirements and restrictions for guest students before applying for admission to the University.
All guest students must document fluency in written and spoken English through English test results.
The English tests and scores required:
- IELTS: 6.5 or
- TOEFL paper-based: 560 or
- TOEFL computer-based: 225 or
- TOEFL internet-based: 83 or
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): passed or
- Certificate of Advanced English (CAE): B2
Applicants with official documentation of a complete high school qualification and/or a complete bachelor’s degree taught in English from the following countries: Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, Singapore, UK or USA.
As there is only capacity for a limited number of new students at the university each year, it may not be possible to accept all qualified applicants. If the number of qualified applicants exceeds the number of places available, the places will be awarded at the discretion of the university.
Danish Test for courses in Danish
If you want to apply for courses taught in Danish, certain Danish Language requirements apply. In this case you need to have passed the Danish test for international students (Studieprøven i dansk som andetsprog) or the equivalent. Courses for this test are offered at Studieskolen: www.studieskolen.dk and Clavis.