To apply as a guest student, you must fill in and print the application form. Send it before the application deadline along with the required documentation to:
Att. Guest-student Administration
Education and Internationalisation
Universitetsvej 1, P. O. Box 260
4000 Roskilde Denmark
- May 15 for enrolling in September (autumn semester)
- November 15 for enrolling in February (spring semester)
Decisions regarding applications are sent continuously and no later than 2 weeks after the deadline.
For guest students enrolled at another university in Denmark
If you are a student enrolled at another university in Denmark, please follow the instructions here, as the deadlines and application procedures differ.
Required Documentation and Enclosures
- Official transcript of records from your home university. The documents must be certified copies of the original documents.
- Certificate of an English test with a satisfactory result sent directly from the test centre. The test cannot be more than 2 years old.
Applications without proper documentation will not be considered. If the documents are not in English, Norwegian or Swedish, you must include a certified translation. Otherwise the documents will not be accepted.
Be aware of the requirements and restrictionsfor guest students before applying for admission to the University.
Conditions for Non-EU/EEA Citizens That Require a Residence Permit Based on Studies
If you are a non-EU/EEA citizen that require a residence permit based on studies, certain conditions apply in order to be able to obtain a residence permit as a guest student. You must:
- already be enrolled in a higher education programme in your home country or another country in which you have permanent residence. The studies at Roskilde University must therefore be completed as part of this education
- have a study plan at Roskilde University that consists of 30 ECTS per semester
You can choose a course package from a single subject if you wish to study a full semester (30 ECTS). You will benefit from no overlap in lectures and exams and project and courses within each package work together in order to give you more than each activity gives on its own.
You can see all courses at study.ruc.dk, which is especially relevant, if you wish to study less than a full semester or choose courses from different subjects.
All guest students applying for admission to courses taught in English, must document fluency in written and spoken English through English test results.
The English tests and scores required:
- IELTS: 6.5 or
- TOEFL paper-based: 560 or
- TOEFL computer-based: 225 or
- TOEFL internet-based: 83 or
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): passed or
- Certificate of Advanced English (CAE): B2
Applicants with official documentation of a complete high school qualification and/or a complete bachelor’s degree taught in English from the following countries: Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, Singapore, UK or USA.
If you want to apply for courses taught in Danish, certain Danish Language requirements apply. In this case you need to have passed the Danish test for international students (Studieprøven i dansk som andetsprog) or the equivalent. Courses for this test are offered at Studieskolen: www.studieskolen.dk and Clavis.
As there is only capacity for a limited number of new students at the university each year, it may not be not possible to accept all qualified applicants. If the number of qualified applicants exceeds the number of places available, the places will be awarded at the discretion of the university.