Admission as an Exchange Student
Specific rules apply to exchange within the framework of student mobility programs such as SOCRATES/ERASMUS, NORDPLUS/NORDLYS, bilateral exchange etc.
Contact the International Office at your home institution regarding exchange.
Having been selected by your university to study at Roskilde University, you will receive an e-mail from us explaining our application procedure and requirements in details.
All students applying for exchange admission must document English skills (except English mother tongue).
- 100 % English taught programme at your current studies - confirmed by your home university
- English test results with minimum scores required:
- IELTS: minimum score: 6.5 or
- TOEFL paper-based: minimum score: 550 or
- TOEFL computer-based: minimum score: 225 or
- TOEFL internet-based: minimum score: 80 or
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): minimum score: passed or
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE): minimum score: B2
General application procedure:
In order to consider your application we require:
- A certified transcript of the study activities / courses you have completed at your home university is to be uploaded with the application form. Find the application form here. The application form can be filled out and sent when it is open close to the admission deadlines.
- Please also upload a completed Learning Agreement with your proposed study programme at Roskilde University, signed by you and your home university.
- Please also upload a certificate of an English test if applying for exchange admission for courses taught in English. If necessary can be forwarded after the application date.
- Please note that we require exchange students to be full time students. Full time studies equal 30 ECTS per semester.
Please note that we do not require any hard copies of the documents. All application forms have to be completed on a computer.
Applying for a Residence Permit
Students who need to apply for a residence permit for Denmark should notice the following:
- Once you have been accepted Roskilde University, you will receive the application for a residence permit (ST1 form) as part of the admission package. You cannot apply for a residence permit for Denmark before you have these documents.
- Remember to apply immediately after receiving the documents from the university in order to receive your permit in due time before coming to Denmark, since the processing of your application for a residence permit takes 2-3 months.
- We recommend that you contact the Danish embassy/consulate in your country for information before you hand in your application for a residence permit.
- You must create a case order ID and pay an application fee to the Danish Agency for Labour Retention and International Recruitment before submitting the application. Please go to: www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/coming_to_dk/fee/fee.htm
- The Danish Agency for Labour Retention and International Recruitment will only process your application for a residence permit when they have received documentation that you can support yourself with your own means for the duration of your stay in Denmark or if are to pay a tuition fee that you have paid the tuition fee for the first semester or year.
- With the “ST1” you can only apply for a residence permit for the prescribed period of stud the day your studies commence. The university cannot help you apply for a residence permit for an earlier period.
- The students themselves are responsible for the application process. The university has no influence on the process.
You can find more information regarding residence permit at this site: www.nyidanmark.dk