You fulfil the requirement of an entry qualification for the bachelor’s programmes, if you have passed one of the international or Danish qualifications mentioned below.
International entry qualifications
- Danish/French Baccalaureate (DFB)
- European Baccalaureate (EB)
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Option Internationale du Baccalauréat (OIB)
- Danish/German upper secondary school leaving examination (DIAP)
- A foreign qualification which the Danish Agency for Science and Higher Education has assessed as comparable in level to a Danish upper secondary education
If you hold a foreign qualification
Requirement of supplementary courses
The Ministry may state that admission to university bachelor’s programmes normally requires supplementary courses in addition to your upper secondary education. If that is the case, Roskilde University will always require you to have passed supplementary courses in addition to your upper secondary education. E.g. 1 year of higher education or equivalent supplementary courses.
What if my foreign qualification is not mentioned on the Ministry’s website?
If the Ministry does not mention your type of qualification, and you want to know if it fulfils the requirement of an entry qualification, you can either:
Danish entry qualifications
1. Danish qualifying exam (STX, HHX, HTX, HF* or EUX*)
2. Entry exams from the Faroe Islands
3. Entry exams from Greenland
4. Examination from Duborg-Skolen or from A. P. Møller Skolen.
5. Danish qualifying exam for refugees and immigrants (GIF)
*If you hold EUX Part 1 or HF without addition courses, you only fulfil the requirement of an entry qualification provided that you were admitted or began to study one of these qualifications before August 1, 2017.
Exemption from the requirement of an entry qualification
If you do not hold one of the above-mentioned entry qualifications, you may be able to apply for exemption-based admission. You can apply for an exemption, if you have passed other relevant educational qualifications that will fulfil the admission requirements. Remember to indicate in your online application for admission that you are applying for an exemption.
Read more about exemption-based admission to the bachelor’s programmes.