You fulfil the requirement of an entry qualification for the bachelor’s programmes, if you hold one of the international or Danish qualifications mentioned below.
International entry qualifications
- Danish/French Baccalaureate (DFB)
- European Baccalaureate (EB)
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Option Internationale du Baccalauréat (OIB)
- Danish/German upper secondary school leaving examination (DIAP)
- A foreign qualification which the Danish Agency for Science and Higher Education has assessed as comparable in level to a Danish upper secondary education
Find out whether the level of your foreign qualification satisfies the general admission requirement of an entry qualification
Check the list of qualifications from a number of countries that are considered comparable to a Danish upper secondary education on the website of the Ministry of Higher Education and Science.
NB: The upper secondary education from your home country may not give access to university bachelor’s programmes in Denmark on its own. If it is stated on the Ministry’s website that admission to university bachelor programmes normally requires supplementary courses, Roskilde University will always require you to have passed supplementary courses in addition to your upper secondary education, such as 1 year of higher education. This is usually a requirement, if you hold an upper secondary education from a non-EU/EEA country.
If your foreign qualification is not mentioned on the list
If you hold a foreign qualification, which is not on the list mentioned above, you can contact the Danish Agency for Science and Higher Education in order to get an assessment of your non-Danish educational qualification.
In this way, you can find out whether your foreign qualification satisfies the general admission requirement of an entry qualification.
You can find information on how to get an assessment of your non-Danish qualification on the Ministry of Higher Education and Science’s website.
You can also contact the Admissions Office at Roskilde University concerning whether your educational qualifications will meet the requirement of an entry qualification.
Danish entry qualifications
1. Danish qualifying exam (stx, hf, hhx, htx or eux)
2. Entry exams from the Faroe Islands
3. Entry exams from Greenland
4. Examination from Duborg-Skolen or from A. P. Møller Skolen.
5. Danish qualifying exam for refugees and immigrants (GIF)
Exemption from the requirement of an entry qualification
You can apply for an exemption from the requirement of an entry qualification, provided that you have other educational qualifications comparable to this admission requirement. Remember to indicate in your online application for admission that you are applying for an exemption.
Read more about exemption-based admission to the bachelor’s programmes.