This step only applies to non-EU/EEA citizens
If you are from an EU country, an EEA-country or Switzerland, you are exempt from paying the application fee and should go to step 6.
If you are a non-EU/EEA citizen, you must pay the application fee in order to have your application processed — unless you fulfil one of the strictly limited exemptions described below.
NB: Applicants for the tuition fee waiver and scholarship are not exempt from paying the application fee.
The United Kingdom has decided to leave the EU on 29 March 2019. We do not yet know how this will impact the education sector, and in particular, tuition fee payments for UK citizens studying in Denmark.
For information on the current state of negations between the EU and the UK as well the status of UK students, please consult the website of the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Exemptions for non-EU/EEA citizens from paying the application fee
1. If you hold a bachelor’s degree issued by a Danish institution, you are not required to pay the application fee.
NB: If you hold a bachelor’s degree completed outside of Denmark or you have completed part of the bachelor’s degree outside of Denmark, you are required to pay the application fee.
2. If you are granted one of the following types of residence permit, you are not required to pay the application fee:
- A permanent residence permit in Denmark ('Permanent opholdstilladelse')
- A temporary residence permit with the possibility of a permanent residence in Denmark ('Opholdstilladelse med mulighed for varigt ophold'). Your residence card must state: 'mhp. varigt ophold' or 'mmf varigt ophold'.
- A residence permit in Denmark according to the EU/EEA regulations (Opholdstilladelse jf. EF/EØS bekendtgørelsen)
- Children of workers from non-EU/EEA countries having been granted a residence permit pursuant to Section 9M (previously 9C) of the Danish Aliens Act and whose parents have been granted residence permits pursuant to Section 9A of the Danish Aliens Act.
How to pay the application fee
The application fee is 165 EUR (1.230 DKK) per applicant. The amount should be transferred to:
Danske Bank – Stændertorvet 5 – 4000 Roskilde - Denmark
Registration No. 4319 Account No. 3429 684579
IBAN: DK21 3000 3429 6845 79
Beneficiary: Roskilde University
Payment reference: 'App.fee' and your full name
Your application will only be processed when we have been able to confirm the receipt of your payment.
Do I get a refund of the application fee?
The application fee will only be refunded, if you are admitted to the university and start at the programme you have been admitted to, i.e. you are registered as an active student as of February 1 or September 1 in the year of admission depending on which entry you have applied for. The application fee will not be refunded under any other circumstances.
If you are entitled to get a refund of the application fee, you will receive this refund during your first semester at Roskilde University.