This step only applies to non-EU/EEA citizens.
If you are from an EU country, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland, you are not required to pay the application fee and should go to step 6.
If you are a Non-EU/EEA citizen, you must pay the application fee in order to have your application for admission processed - unless you fulfil one of the below-mentioned exemptions.
Please note that applicants for the tuition fee waiver and scholarship are not exempted from paying the application fee.
Exemptions for non-EU/EEA citizens from paying the application fee
1. If you hold a bachelor’s degree issued by a Danish institution, you are not required to pay the application fee.
NB: If you also hold a bachelor’s degree completed outside of Denmark or you have completed part of the bachelor’s degree outside of Denmark, you are not exempted from paying the tuition fee.
2. If you are granted one of the following types of residence permit, you are not required to pay the application fee:
- A permanent residence permit in Denmark ('Permanent opholdstilladelse')
- A temporary residence permit with the possibility of a permanent residence in Denmark ('Opholdstilladelse med mulighed for varigt ophold'). Your residence card must state: 'mhp. varigt ophold' or 'mmf varigt ophold'.
- A residence permit in Denmark according to the EU/EEA regulations (Opholdstilladelse jf. EF/EØS bekendtgørelsen)
- Children of workers from non-EU/EEA countries having been granted a residence permit pursuant to Section 9M (previously 9C) of the Danish Aliens Act and whose parents have been granted residence permits pursuant to Section 9A of the Danish Aliens Act.
How to pay the application fee
The application fee is 165 EUR (1.230 DKK) per applicant. The amount should be transferred to:
Danske Bank – Stændertorvet 5 – 4000 Roskilde - Denmark
Registration No. 4319 Account No. 3429 684579
IBAN: DK21 3000 3429 6845 79
Beneficiary: Roskilde University
Payment reference: 'App.fee' and your full name
Please note that your application will not be processed until we have been able to confirm the receipt of your payment.
Do I get a refund of the application fee?
The application fee will only be refunded, if you are admitted to the university and start at the programme you have been admitted to, i.e. you are registered as an active student as of February 1 or September 1 in the year of admission depending on which entry you have applied for. The application fee will not be refunded under any other circumstances.
If you are entitled to get a refund of the application fee, you will receive this refund at the latest by November 15 if you have been admitted to the September entry and at the latest by March 15 if you have been admitted to the February entry.