Preliminary assessment of foreign qualifications
You can apply for a preliminary assessment of your foreign qualification, if you want to know whether you meet the admission requirements for the bachelor’s programmes you intend to apply for at Roskilde University.
Preliminary assessments are offered between October 1 and December 1, which means that the assessment will be completed before you can submit your actual admission application.
Before you apply for a preliminary assessment, please take time to read the information about admission requirements for the bachelor’s programmes carefully.
Information about the admission requirements
When to apply
The online application opens October 1 each year.
Application deadline: December 1, 11.59 pm (CET)
How to apply
To apply for a preliminary assessment, you must:
- use the online application form
- fill in your personal details and information about your educational background
- upload the required documents
- Submit your online application
You must upload the following documents:
- Upper secondary school certificate (completed): Original diploma, transcript of grades and, if applicable, exam results from your upper secondary education.
- Upper secondary school certificate (to be completed before 5 July 2021):
- Temporary transcript of grades of completed and current courses
- A letter in English from your school, which must state the expected title in the original language, the prescribed period of study and the expected completion date.
- A filled-in verification form (stamped and signed by the headmaster of your school).
- Official Danish or English translation of all submitted documents (only documents in Danish, English, Norwegian or Swedish do not need to be translated).
- Higher education (if applicable): Original diploma and transcripts of grades from your higher education
- Danish language test (if applicable): Certificate for a passed Danish language test
- Supplementary courses (if applicable): Final certificate or documentation of enrolment in any supplementary course(s) offered in Denmark or abroad. For supplementary courses completed outside of Denmark, we must also receive an official course description in English and an official document in English confirming the required number of hours of instruction (of 60 minutes)
Please do not send:
- Motivational letters or essays
- Letters of reference
- Diplomas for extracurricular activities
All messages from Roskilde University concerning your application for a preliminary assessment will be sent to the e-mail address you registered in your online application.
You should therefore make sure to check your e-mail regularly. Please note that our e-mails may be in your spam folder.
Confirmation of received application
You will receive a confirmation of the receipt of your online application by e-mail.
Once you have received this receipt, you can be sure that we have received your application.
If any documents are missing
In case any documents are missing, we will contact you by e-mail.
You must upload the missing documents to your online application within the given deadline of usually 1-2 weeks.
Expect a processing time of up to 4 weeks for a fully documented application, i.e. from the date that you have submitted all required documents.
Answer to your application
Once we have completed the preliminary assessment, the outcome of the assessment will be sent to you by e-mail.
Please note that a preliminary assessment is not an application for admission to Roskilde University.
Even if your application for preliminary assessment is considered to meet the admission requirements for the programme you intend to apply for, you are not guaranteed admission at Roskilde University. Rules, regulations and requirements at the time of preliminary assessment may differ from those at the time of application for admission, and Roskilde University cannot be held liable for such changes.
Only the decision of your actual admission application is legally binding. You can apply for admission via www.optagelse.dk from February 1 until March 15, 12 noon (CET).