In quota 2 applicants are selected based on an overall assessment of relevant qualifications. The relevant qualifications are referred to in the assessment criteria.
In order to be assessed in quota 2, you must:
- Fulfil the admission requirements or be granted an exemption from the admission requirements
- Have at least one study relevant qualification (academic and/or general qualifications) beyond your entry qualification
- Submit a motivational letter
How to write a motivational letter
The motivational letter for the international bachelor study programmes should be written in English. If you apply for the bachelor’s programmes taught in Danish, the motivational application should be written in Danish.
Guide: How to write a motivational letter
The quota 2 assessment is based on an overall assessment of your motivational letter and relevant qualifications acquired after completion of your entry qualification.
In your motivational letter, you must describe the relevance of the qualifications acquired in regards to the programme you wish to enrol in. Different assessment criteria apply to the individual bachelor’s programmes.
Applicants are prioritized based on this assessment, and the quota 2 student places are granted to the applicants given the highest priority. There are often more applicants than places, which means that not all applicants that fulfil the admission requirements may be offered admission.
Assessment criteria for the individual bachelor's programme:
12-month rule and documentation requirements
The quota 2 assessment is only based on qualifications acquired after completion of your entry qualification that are achieved within a total period of 12 months. You should not select these months yourself, as this will be done when assessing your application.
In the online application form, you must state all the qualifications that you mention in your motivated application. You must also upload a CV.
You only have to document educational activities, e.g. supplementary courses or higher education. If you have completed educational activities by the application deadline you must document that you have passed the course(s). If you complete educational activities after the application deadline, which are relevant to your motivational letter, this must be stated in your application and any relevant documentation must be uploaded as soon as the activity has been completed.
Please do not attach documentation of your travels, work etc. However, you should be able to document it, if requested to do so.
Documentation required for quota 2 applicants
You must upload the required documentation to your online application at optagelse.dk.
Documents required for all applicants
- Diploma and transcript of grades from your entry qualification in the original language
- Official English or Danish translation of your original diploma and transcript of grades, if the language of your original educational documents is not Danish, English, Norwegian or Swedish
- Motivational letter for each of the programmes you apply for.
- A CV
- Copy of the identification page of your passport.
- Documentation of completed supplementary courses or of enrolment in one or more supplementary courses that is to be completed before the semester start (only if are taking/have taken a supplementary course)
- Documentation of supporting educational activities (only if you are taking/have completed educational activities in addition to your entry qualification)
- A filled-in verification form:
Information about the verification form
Applicants required to upload additional documents
Applicants with a non-EU/EEA citizenship
- Copy of your Danish residence permit. Please upload a copy of both sides of your residence card (only (if you already hold a residence permit to Denmark)
Applicants that have already completed part of a bachelor’s programme
If you have passed courses or exams as part of a non-completed bachelor’s programme, it is mandatory for you to apply for a credit transfer.
Read the Guide: How to apply for mandatory credit transfer.
In order to apply for the credit transfer, you must upload the following documents as one single file named 'Mandatory credit transfer' to your online application:
Please note: If you have already obtained a bachelor’s degree, you can apply for a credit transfer, but it is not a requirement.