Which quota do I belong to?
Quotas for applicants with an international entry qualification
You can be considered in three different quotas. You do not state the quota in your application for admission. The Admissions Office will decide on the relevant quota based on:
- Your type of entry qualification
- The uploaded documentation
- Your citizenship and/or type of Danish residence permit.
If you fulfil the admission requirements or can be granted an exemption from the admission requirements, you will be assessed based on the selection criteria in the relevant quota.
Quota 1 – selection based on GPA only
You apply via quota 1, if you:
- Want to be assessed exclusively based on your grade point average (GPA).
Please note that this is only possible, if you have an entry qualification where the GPA can be directly converted to the Danish grading system.
As a general rule, most EU/EEA upper secondary examinations are translatable to the Danish grading scale. Non-EU/EEA examinations are not translatable to the Danish grading scale.
If your GPA is translatable, the Admissions Office will convert it to the Danish grading system when going through your application.
You must submit the documentation stated under “Admission though quota 1”.
Admission through quota 1
Quota 2 – selection based on an overall assessment
You apply via quota 2, if you:
- want to be assessed on the basis of other qualifications than your GPA or
- are not sure that your GPA is high enough to get accepted in quota 1 or
- have an entry qualification where the GPA cannot be converted to the Danish grading system or
- would like to apply for exemption-based admission
Quota 2 applicants with a GPA that can be directly converted to the Danish grading system will automatically be assessed in quota 1 first.
You must submit the documentation stated under “Admission though quota 2”.
Admission through quota 2
Quota 3 – non-EU/EEA citizens who need a residence permit to study
You apply via quota 3, if you:
- are a non-EU/EEA citizen that need a residence permit to study in Denmark
- have an international entry qualification
The selection criteria in quota 3 is the same as in quota 2.
You must submit the documentation stated under “Admission though quota 3”.
Admission through quota 3