All CIRCLES initiatives strive to
- focus on circular economy and the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- be systemic, trans-disciplinary and problem based in the research approach
- collaborate with different stakeholders NGOs, companies, public institutions
- involve research environments from all four departments
- include international perspectives and/or involvement
- integrate educational aspects
Each initiative involve a nucleus of researchers from departments across Roskilde University writing position paper(s) on relevant topics with the aim of locating and applying for relevant external funding.
- Holm, J., Cold-Ravnkilde, S. & Grindsted, T. S., 17 Jun 2020, Roskilde Universitet. 19 p.
Research output: Book/Report › Report
- Christensen, T. B. & Hauggaard-Nielsen, H., 2020, In : Journal of Transdisciplinary Environmental Studies.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Journal article › Research › peer-review
- Holm, J., May 2020, Sundhedsfremme i kommuner og lokalsamfund – mellem forskning, planlægning og praksis . Tanggaard-Andersen, P., Bech-Lau, C. & Myglegaard Andersen, H. L. (eds.). Hans Reitzels Forlag, 21 p.
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Book chapter › Communication
1 item of Media coverage
Press/Media: Press / Media
The UN Sustainable Development Goals play an important role at Roskilde University
Roskilde University’s approach towards working on the UN Sustainable Development Goals is based on interdisciplinarity and cross-sectoral cooperation.
Anthropogenic substances threaten Danish coastal waters more than we think
The harmful effects of heavy metals and other toxins in the sea, such as pesticides, are underestimated, according to new research from Roskilde University.
He wants to create the agricultural systems of the future
Henrik Hauggaard-Nielsen has a foot in two very different fields when he conducts research in close collaboration with Danish farmers.
Base at RUC
CIRCLES is an interdisciplinary center with roots in all Roskilde University departments: Department overview
It is a strategic goal at Roskilde University to conduct research and offer training programs that contribute to the achievement of the seventeen global goals for sustainable development as initiated by the UN. See education programs for bachelor and master and for our PhD schools.
Research from Roskilde University
More about CIRCLES - Centre for Interdisciplinary Research and Education in Circular Economy and Sustainability: